Event History is accessed from the main menu by selecting View > Event history. Event History provides a way to view the background operational events that occur within Security Controls. Entries are generated for a large number of events, including:
- Database maintenance
- Distribution server synchronization
- Scheduler events
- Core engines/definitions downloads
- Core engines/definitions synchronization
- Predictive Patch downloads
- Operation result imports (patch scans, etc.)
- ESXi Hypervisor patch deployments
Agent policy synchronization using Security Controls Cloud
- Console maintenance (a daily background task that checks the status of the certificates used by Security Controls) and determines if they are nearing their expiration date
When a background event occurs, the associated log entries are automatically recorded to Event History. Events that are scheduled will not generate any log entries until after the events have been initiated or finished.
Event History will be empty if you view it immediately after installing the program; this is because there are no event log entries to display.
You can right-click on one or more events and perform the following actions:
- Acknowledge: Changes the status in the Acknowledge column from No to Yes so that other administrators know it has been reviewed.
- Export selected event history to CSV: Exports information about the selected events to a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file. The CSV file can then be used within a spreadsheet program.