Install/Update Agent on Single Machine Dialog Box
You can install or update the CAM Agent on a single Windows machine. You can also update the connection properties.
The version of the CAM Agent software to be installed is shown at the top of the dialog box.
The following sections describe the options in each area of the dialog box, and the final section explains how to start the agent installation, and provides some tips.
Selecting the CAM Access Point
The following options are available in this dialog box:
- Machine name or IP address: Specify the name or IP address of the machine on which the CAM Agent should be installed.
- Select the Access Point that the agent will use: From this drop-down list, select the access point to which the selected machine will report.
existing installations (select to upgrade or reinstall out of date
agents): If you're updating the
CAM Agent, check the
Overwrite existing installations box.
- In most other cases, keep this check box unchecked. For more information, see Overwrite Existing Installations Option.
In the Credentials portion of the dialog box, enter the domain or local machine administrator credentials:
- User name
- Domain or machine name
Use IP address instead of machine name
Proxy server options
By default, the first option, Save proxy settings to agent machine, is unchecked. Only check this box if the machine needs to use a proxy server, and see Proxy Server Options for help configuring the related options.
Proceeding with the agent installation
Click Install when done to install the agent software on the selected machine.
The Status box keeps you informed of the progress of the installation, and lets you know if the process failed.
By default, this dialog box stays open until agent installation to the specified machine is complete so that you can view installation status. Clear the Close this dialog box when install succeeds check box to change that behavior.
Once you start the installation, you can close the dialog box at any time, or you can wait and enter another machine on which to install the agent.
- The process for updating the CAM Agent is mostly the same as that for installing it for the first time. The main difference is that when updating, you should check the Overwrite existing installations option (see the explanation of this option above).
- To update the CAM Access Point that the agent will use, select a new one from the drop-down list, then select Install.