In CAM, network devices are SNMP-enabled devices available for discovery and data collection.
You can also view information about network devices in some reports. Network devices can include printers, routers, switches, and custom device types you define.
Cherwell Asset Management supports network devices in the following ways:
- You can configure Cherwell Asset Management to discover network devices on your network.
- In the Network Devices panel, you can view all available information on discovered devices, customize the columns to show or hide different properties, and view the selected device's Network Device Summary report.
- You can create network device groups to organize network devices and for use in filtering in reports.
- You can modify the network device template to include additional properties for discovery, as well as additional object identifiers (OIDs).
- You can add custom device types in the network device template.