How Cherwell Asset Management Works in a Hosted Installation
The CAM architecture diagram illustrates how data flows in hosted installations.
Cherwell Asset Management works much the same in a hosted installation as it does in an on-premises installation. The difference is that, with a hosted installation, some components are on-premises and others reside on a cloud server.
The on-premises components are:
- CAM Administrator and CAM Administration Service, including a Scheduled Task Scheduler and Work Queue Manager
- CAM Access Point
- CAM Agents
The hosted components are:
- CAM Database
- Cherwell Service Management database
- Web applications: the Authentication service, Purchasing, Reporting, CAM SaaS Analytics, and License Analytics
- CAM Administration Service to database cloud service
- CAM Access Point to database cloud service