Configure Customers Approvals for the CSM Portal
Some configuration needs to be done before customers can action approvals in the CSM Portal.
Only customers who upgrade to CSM 10.2.0 and later from an earlier version of CSM need to follow these steps. Those who install new installations of CSM already have these changes in the supplied demo content.
Configure the Approval Business Object
- Open CSM Administrator and select Create a New Blueprint.
- Select the Approval Business Object.
- Select Edit Business Object.
- Select Bus Ob Properties.
- On the General tab, select the Show in Search Manager check box so queries can be created for approvals using the portal.
- Select OK to save the changes.
Make Approvals Visible in the CSM Portal
You can make approvals visible in the portal by using a widget.
You can also setup your system so that customers can access approvals using links in the emails they receive when an approval has been created. An administrator can set up a link in the email to open the approval record directly, using Go To Record links. See Linking Directly to CSM Objects.
- Create a Search Results List widget.
- During creation, select Show results as links in the Display section.
- For the custom query, select Approval.Approver ID Equals CurrentUserRecordID().
- Select Save.
- To add the new Search Results List widget to the My Items dashboard for the portal:
- Select Charts > My Items in the portal.
- Open the Dashboard Editor.
- Drag the widget from the Widget pane onto the My Items dashboard.
- Make any remaining changes and then select Save.
Configure CSM Portal Customer Security Group
- Open CSM Administrator and select Edit Security Groups.
- Select Portal Customer from the Group drop-down list.
- Select the Business Objects tab and then select Approval from the Business Object drop-down list.
- Ensure that both View and Edit check boxes are selected.
- Select New Field in the Approval Business Object and again, ensure that both View and Edit check boxes are selected.
- Select X and then Yes to save your changes.