Refine/Edit a Site Reference
Additional details for refining and editing a site.
Available Menu Bar Actions
The following are Actions that can be added to the menu bar:
- One-Step™ Action: Runs a One-Step Action. You can choose to run an existing One-Step Action or create a new One-Step Action.
- Command: Runs a system command applicable to the Portal. Categories include:
- Managers: Adds a command to launch an Item Manager so a customer can choose an item to open/run (example: Add the Report Manager to the site menu bar so customers can choose to run an available report).
- Recent Items: Provides a recent Items list that displays the last five (5) items of the specified type selected by the customer (example: the last five reports run by the customer). This makes sense if you made the Manager available.
Recent Items lists must be placed inside folders (they cannot be at the top level of the site menu bar), and it is recommend that they be placed as the last item in the folder.
- Chat: Includes commands related to remote support services (example: BeyondTrust) (only available if you have Chat and Remote Support Connector Settings enabled in CSM Administrator).
- (Other) Business Object Search: Provides common site searches (example: Business Object to search, how the results should be sorted, whether to limit to the current customer, and limit to open or closed records).
- (Other) Create Business Object: Creates a new Business Object (record) but with several powerful options, such as a One-Step Action to run as part of the creation process and whether a custom form should be displayed (which can be different than the default form used for viewing a Business Object).
- (Other) Go to Edit Mode: Puts a Business Object record into edit mode so that a customer or user can immediately edit it. This command is designed to be used in an Execute Command One-Step Action, which is the automated equivalent of a customer or user selecting the Edit button in the Portal.
- (Other) Home: Takes the customer to the Startup Item (example: dashboard, HTML page).
- (Other) New Bus Ob Drop-down list: Automatic command that displays a default list of create commands for all Associated Business Objects for the site.
This command must be placed in a folder.
- Dashboard: Displays a dashboard. You can display an existing dashboard or create a new dashboard.
- Report: Runs a report. You can run an existing report or create a new report.
- Search: Runs a saved search. You can run an existing saved search or create a new saved search.
- Page: Displays an HTML page. You can display an existing HTML page or create a new HTML page.
- Document Repository: You can display an existing document repository or create a new document repository.
- Action Catalog: Displays an Action Catalog. You can display an existing Action Catalog or create a new Action Catalog.
- Folder: Adds a folder to the toolbar so that you can organize Actions into another level.
Some Actions also allow you to limit scope and Associated Business Object (select the activated Options button). We recommend that you limit customers to just the site scope and make items available in just that scope.
Available Site Items
Available site items that can be selected for a Portal site include:
- Action Catalog, (special widget), a dashboard, a document repository, an HTML page, a report, or a saved search (used to display a list of records). For more information, see Site items.