Salesforce Chatter Integration
Salesforce Chatter is a real-time collaboration tool that facilitates information-sharing across a social network. When Chatter integrates, the Chatter news feeds display using a Search Results List Widget on a Dashboard.
How the Integration Works
To integrate Chatter with CSM, export Chatter news feeds to a CSV file using the Salesforce Apex Data Loader interface. The create a Stored Import to point to the CSV file and use the CSM Import Data Wizard to import the CSV file into a CSM Business Object that is designated to store the Chatter data (typically, a new Business Object). After the data imports into CSM, the User builds a Search Results List Widget to display the news feed on a CSM Dashboard. This data export and import can be configured to run on a scheduled basis using the CSM Scheduler.
- About CSV data
- Import External Data into a Business Object
- Search Results List Widgets
- Create a Search Results List Widget
- When exporting Chatter data to a CSV file, create column headers that match the intended CSM field names so CSM's Import Data Wizard automatically links them.
Steps to Integrate
- Export data from Chatter to a CSV file (ex: NewsFeed.csv) using the Salesforce Apex Data Loader. Refer to the Apex Data Loader Documentation to determine which fields should be exported to the CSV file.
- Create a Salesforce Chatter Business Object to house the Chatter CSV data (ex: NewsFeed data). The Business Object should include:
- Type: Major Object.
- Name: NewsFeed.
- Fields: Add a field to match each column in the Chatter CSV file.
- Import the CSV data into the new Salesforce Chatter Business Object:
- Create a CSV Stored Import, then use the Import Data Wizard to run a one-time import of the CSV data.
- When prompted, import the Chatter CSV file into the new Salesforce Chatter Business Object.
- When prompted, define how columns from the CSV file are mapped to fields in the Salesforce Chatter Business Object.
- Create a Search Results List Widget, and then add it to a Dashboard to display Salesforce Chatter data in CSM.