The Configuration Management Database (CMDB) interface is a tool that allows you to quickly manage Configuration Item (CI) records. Use the CMDB interface to take the following actions:
- View CI records: View a Grid list of CI records or a specific record in detail.
- Find a specific CI record using filtering and searching options.
- Create, edit, or delete a CI record.
The CMDB interface can be opened several ways from the CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client.
To open the CMDB interface:
- From the CSM Desktop Client menu bar or CSM Browser Client menu bar, click Tools>CMDB.
- From the Common Tasks section of the CSM Desktop Client Task Pane, click CMDB.
The following image shows the CMDB interface.
- Filters: View all CI records, or filter by CI Type (example: Computer, Printer, and so on.), Customer (example: All or named Customer), and/or timeframe (example: Anytime, Today, Previous Month, and so on).
- Search: Search for a specific CI record (example: Search any searchable field, such as Asset Tag, Host name, and so on).
- Record View: Displays Grid list of CI records or a specific CI record.
Good to know:
- From the Grid, you can print, export, run an Action, sort, filter, group, size, move/reorder, and add/remove columns. Double-click a record to display it.
- See CMDB Interface Behaviors for tips on working with CI records in the CMDB interface.