Work Unit Good to Know
- A Work Unit is a generic task that is required to fulfill a Service Request. Work Units are grouped together in one or more Service Catalog Templates and then converted into individual Tasks when a Customer submits an order for a Service using the Customer Portal.
- Search for one or more Work Units that meet a specific criteria by running a Quick Search or Search Group.
- Create a new Work Unit by clicking New>New Work Unit on the CSM Desktop Client toolbar or by clicking File>New>New Work Unit from the CSM Desktop Client menu bar.
- The OOTB system implements several Actions/One-Step Actions to make creating Work Units more efficient. For more information about Actions and One-Step Actions, refer to the Actions/One-Step Actions documentation.
A full list of One-Step Actions is beyond the scope of this document. Export a schema document from CSM Administrator (Create a Blueprint>Tools>Export Schema) to view a full list of One-Step Actions associated with a particular type of Business Object (ex: Major).
- Press TAB to move to the next field on the form.
- The Work Unit Description and Task Description (Displays on Task) fields are Rich Text fields. To format the text or embed an image, click the Zoom button .
- The Name, Work Unit Description, and Task Description (Displays on Task) fields are required to save the record.
- Secure Work Unit records by controlling who can view, create, and edit records.