Create/Edit an Approval Block
Use the Approval Block Editor (accessed from within the Approval Editor) to create Approval Blocks.
An Approval Block is a defined set of trigger conditions, approvers, and actions for an approval. An approval for a Business Object contains one or more Approval Blocks. When you create an Approval Block, you define:
- A trigger condition that determines when the block is used.
- List of approvers.
- Voting thresholds.
- Action that takes place when the appropriate people have approved or denied the request.
To create an Approval Block:
- Open the Approval Block Editor. For more information, see Open the Approval Block Editor.
- Define a Name.
- Define Approval Block properties:
- Trigger Conditions: Specify under what conditions the approvals are required.
- Approvers: Specify the list of approvers.
- Actions: Specify what to do when the approval has taken place.
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes. For more information, see Publish a Blueprint or Save a Blueprint.
Use the arrows to order your approvals in the order you want them to be triggered. Ordering approvals doesn't determine the order that approval emails are received. Also if you have auto-populated fields set, ordering may not be respected.