Define Approval Block Action Properties
Use the Actions page in the Approval Block Editor (accessed from within the Approval Editor) to define actions for an Approval Block.
When you define actions, you define what is done based on the state of the approval (approved, denied, or when time runs out).
To define approval or denial or time out actions:
- Open the Approval Block Editor.
- Select the Actions page.
- Define an action to take place when an approval is approved:
- Set a field
Select this check box to populate a field with a defined value. Then, select a Field and provide a specific value or select the Token Selector to select a Token for the value that will be used for the field.
Tokens for Business Object lifecycle status and stage are only shown if the Business Object has a lifecycle associated with it. See Migrate a Business Object Lifecycle.
- Put on a Queue
Select this check box to put the record in a queue. Then, select a most recently used (MRU) Queue in the drop-down list, or select the ellipsis to open the Queue Manager, where you can select an existing queue or create a new one.
- Run a One-Step
Select this check box to run a One-Step Action. Then, select a most recently used (MRU) One-Step Action in the drop-down list, or select the ellipsis to open the One-Step Action Manager, where you can select an existing One-Step Action or create a new one.
- Executing the Action completes the approval process
Select this check box to end the approval process when the defined action takes place. Do not select this option when defining multi-level approvals.
- Set a field
- Define an action to take place when an approval is denied, or when time runs out (for example, the approval deadline passes with insufficient approval to indicate that a record has been approved or denied). See above for descriptions of options.
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes. For more information, see Publish a Blueprint or Save a Blueprint.