Create Action Fields
Action Fields are configured to hold Actions. You define Action Fields by setting the Action Command" and "Action Name" Hold properties on two Text Fields.
Use Action Fields to perform Actions based on Field Values. Each Action value can execute the same default Action (example: "Create Incident and set prioritization") or each value can have its own unique Action.
To create Action Fields:
- Create a Blueprint.
- Select the Business Object that will contain the Action Fields.
- Create or modify a Text Field as the Action Command, and then set these properties on the General page:
- Name/Internal Name: Include "Command" at the end of the Field Name. Example: Next Status Command.
- Length: Minimum of 2,048 characters.
- Holds: Select Action command.
- Create or modify a Text Field as the Action Command Name, and then set these properties on the General page:
- Name/Internal Name: Include "Command Name" at the end of the Field Name. Example: Next Status Command Name.
- Holds: Select Action name.
- For the Action Command Name Field, select the Validation/Auto-populate page, and then set these properties:
- Auto populate: Select the check box.
- Populate when there is a change in Table: Select the table that contains the Action Command Field, and then select the Action Command Field (example: select the Incident Status table and the Next Status Command Field).
- Action Command: Select this option.
- Click OK.
- Publish the Blueprint.