Define Visibility for a Control
Use the Form Editor (accessed from within a Blueprint in CSM Administrator to define when to display or hide a control (visibility) on a form.
By default, a control is always visible, unless defined (through an expression) to be hidden.
Good to Know:
- See the Controlling Visibility on a Field on a Form free Video Learning Library course.
To define visibility for a control:
- Open a form in the Form Editor.
- Select a control.
- On the Form Editor toolbar, select the drop-down arrow on the Visibility button , and then select one of the following options:
- Custom Expression: Opens the Custom Expression Builder, where you can create a custom expression to use only for this scenario.
- Expression Manager: Opens the Expression Manager, where you can select an existing stored expression or create a new stored expression to use. Stored expressions can be reused in numerous places in CSM.
- Clear Visibility Expression: Clears any visibility expression so the control is always visible.
- Publish the Blueprint to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint to continue making other changes.