Add a Post-Transition Action
Add One-Step™ Actions and other actions to execute after transitions in your Business Object lifecycle.
- Open an existing Business Object lifecycle in the Business Object Lifecycle Editor.
- Select the status on the designer board that you want to add the post-transition action to.
The Transitions area is shown below the designer board.
- Select the transition that you want to add the action after, and select Edit.
The Edit Transition window opens.
- Select the Post Actions tab, ensure the rule is selected, and then select Edit .
- Add a One-Step Action or select Execute Action and choose from the expanding list.
When you select Execute Action, you can select a "Direct Action" (as opposed to a One-Step Action ), that should be executed automatically, when some event takes place. For more information, see Define Actions for a Simple Action/Event Automation Process.
- Select the Run in background check box if you are using actions that don't modify the Business Object itself (example: sending emails, adding to queues). When the check box is selected, the Service Host performs the actions in a queue, whereas when the check box is cleared, the action is performed instantly (example: automatically populate a field).
To execute post-transition actions successfully in the background, the Cherwell Service Host must be running.
- Select OK twice.
- Select Save on the toolbar (or select Ctrl+S) to save your lifecycle while working. Select OK at the end when editing is complete and you want to save your lifecycle and close the Lifecycle Editor.
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.
If not valid, you are not allowed to save and are asked to fix the issues. See Validate a Lifecycle.