Manually Migrate a Business Object Lifecycle
If you have a small number of Business Object records, you can manually migrate them in to the Business Object Lifecycle Editor.
These steps use an Incident as an example but you can use this method to transition any Major or Supporting Business Object to the new lifecycle.
To manually migrate a legacy Business Object lifecycle:
- Log in to CSM Administrator.
- Create a new Blueprint.
- In the Object Manager, select a Business Object in the Object tree (example: Incident), and then select the Edit Business Object task in the Structure area (or double-click a Business Object in the Object tree).
- Select Bus Ob Properties.
- Clear the Has lifecycle check box on the Lifecycle page. See Define Lifecycle Properties for a Business Object.
- Create a replacement lifecycle using the Business Object Lifecycle Editor.
If you are migrating a legacy Business Object lifecycle to a new one that uses the Lifecycle Editor, you may find it useful to draw your existing business process on paper first. This can make it faster when recreating your lifecycle using the visual editor.
- Edit your existing forms for the affected Business Objects to remove the old form controls and add the new form controls. See Add Lifecycle Controls to a Form.
- Remove any old One-Step Actions that are no longer required for your legacy lifecycles.
- For each Business Object record, open a form and use the Transition Status control to migrate the object to your desired status in the new lifecycle. Select your chosen status from the drop-down list. See Add Lifecycle Controls to a Form
The record is migrated to the new Business Object Lifecycle Editor. A journal entry is created for each Business Object transitioned as a result of your action.