Select Default Role Dashboards and Dashboard Themes
Use the Edit Roles window in CSM Administrator to select a default role dashboard, Heads-Up Display (HUD) and dashboard theme.
Good to know:
- Default role dashboard theme selection is limited to classic themes only, you cannot select a universal theme.
- If no default role dashboard/HUD is selected, the global defaults are used.
- If a user has security rights, they can select their own default user dashboard and theme in the CSM Desktop Client. See Select Default User Dashboards and Dashboard Themes. In the CSM Browser Client, a user can set a default dashboard only.
- When a user selects a default dashboard in the CSM Desktop Client, that setting is mirrored in the CSM Browser Client and vice versa.
Customers have limited options and cannot override defaults in the Portal.
- A system administrator can clear role and user defaults (for a specific user/role or all), resetting the defaults to the global-defined settings (File > Clear Settings in the User Manager or Role Manager).
Select a Default Role Dashboard and Dashboard Theme
- Open the Role Manager.
- Select the role in the Roles list for which you want to select a default dashboard.
The role profile appears in the right-hand pane of the Roles window.
- In the Dashboard section, select the default role dashboard, either:
- Use default: Select this option to use the default global dashboard.
- Dashboard: Select this option to use a default role dashboard, and then select Dashboard to open the Dashboard Manager and select an existing dashboard.
Ensure that you select a dashboard that everyone with that role can access.
- Select a default role dashboard theme. Select either:
- Use System Default: Theme as defined in the System Settings window.
- Use Dashboard Theme: Theme as defined in the dashboard properties.
- Specifically-selected theme: Theme that you select in the drop-down list.
Only classic themes are available for selection.
- In the Heads-up Display section, select the default role Heads-Up Display (HUD), either:
- Use default: Select this option to use the default global HUD dashboard.
- Dashboard: Select this option to use a default role HUD dashboard, and then select Dashboard to open the Dashboard Manager and select an existing HUD dashboard.
Ensure that you select a dashboard that everyone in that role can access.
- Select Save .