Select Default User Dashboards and Dashboard Themes
Use the Options dialog in the CSM Desktop Client to select a default user dashboard, Heads-Up Display (HUD) and dashboard theme.
Good to know:
- Users must have security rights to override the global defaults and select a user default. See Dashboard Security Rights.
- Use the context menu to quickly set a default user dashboard (right-click and select Set <dashboard name> as default).
- If a user default is not selected, either the global or role default are used.
- A system administrator can clear role and user defaults (for a specific user/role or all), resetting the defaults to the global-defined settings (File > Clear Settings in the User Manager or Role Manager).
- Classic and/or universal themes are available to apply to the default user dashboard depending on the theme types available in your system. Where only one type of theme is available, you can only select a theme of that type (classic or universal).
- When a user selects a default dashboard in the CSM Desktop Client, that setting is mirrored in the CSM Browser Client and vice versa. In the CSM Browser Client, you can only set the default dashboard, and not HUD or default dashboard theme. See Set the Current Dashboard to be the Default.
Select a Default User Dashboard and Dashboard Theme
- In the CSM Desktop Client, select Tools > Options.
The Options dialog opens.
- Select Dashboards & Calendars in the left pane.
- In the Dashboard section, select a default user dashboard, either:
- Use Default: Select this option to use the default global or role dashboard (depends on which one the system administrator has configured).
- Dashboard: Select this option to use a default user dashboard instead of the default global/role dashboard, and then select Dashboard to open the Dashboard Manager and select an existing dashboard.
To make the currently displayed dashboard the default, right-click the dashboard (anywhere where there is not a widget) and select Set current Dashboard as default.
- Select a dashboard theme from one of the Default Dashboard Theme drop-down lists.
Separate drop-down lists are displayed for classic and Universal themes where you have both types of themes in your system. If you only have one type of theme (classic or Universal), then only one drop-down list is displayed for those theme types.
- Select either:
- Use system default (classic theme drop-down list): Theme as defined in the System Settings window
- Use role default (classic theme drop-down list): Theme as defined in the Role Manager.
- Use Dashboard Theme (classic and Universal theme drop-down list): Theme as defined in the Dashboard Properties window.
- A specifically-selected theme: Theme that you select in the drop-down list.
- Select either:
- In the Heads-up Display section, select the default user HUD, either:
- Use default: Select this option to use the default global or role HUD dashboard (depends on which one the system administrator has configured).
- Dashboard: Select this option to use a default user HUD dashboard instead of the default global or role HUD dashboard, and then select Dashboard to open the Dashboard Manager and select an existing HUD dashboard.
You can also set the HUD dashboard transparency in this section.