Creating a Calculated Metric
Calculated Metric properties include:
- Calculated Value: Expression to determine the Metric value. For example, FCR rate could be calculated like this:
To create a Calculated Metric:
- Open the Metric Manager.
- Select Create New .
- Select a scope and subfolder (if needed).
- Define the following Metrics properties:
Option Description Name
Provide a display name to use within CSM (search this property in CSM Item Managers).
Provide a description to use within CSM (search this property in CSM Item Managers).
Select the Calculated radio button.
Select the Business Object whose data to include in the Metric (example: Incident).
Only one type of Business Object can be selected. The drop-down list displays only Major Business Objects. To display all Business Objects, select the Show All check box.
Select the type of data (format) to return in the Metric (select one):
- In the Expression area, select Selector (or right-click in the text box), and then add Tokens (example: System Functions, Prompts, Expressions, Stored Values, Metrics, and Counters) and Math Operators (example: Add, Subtract, Multiply, etc.) to create an Expression. Examples might include:
- FCR Rate: (AllIncidentsClosedonFirstCall/AllClosedIncidents) would return a decimal value like .54.
- Percentage of reopened Incidents: (AllReopenedIncidents/AllOpenIncidents)*100 would return a whole number that is then converted to a percentage value, like 10 percent.
- Incident Success rate: (AllResolvedClosedIncidentswithinResolutionSLA/AllResolvedClosedIncidents)*100 would return a whole number that is then converted to a percentage value, like 85 percent.
- Optional: Right-click in the Expression text to access a context menu with options to delete an item, access its properties, or add a Modifier (example: Number format).
If using other Metrics in the Expression, you are prompted to define which Metric values to retrieve for use in the Expression (Metric Properties window pops up when you add a Metric). For details, refer to Using a Metric Within a Metric.
- Select Save.