Define a Send an E-mail Action
Use the Send an E-mail action to quickly send an email when the One-Step Action is run.
For example, select a link on an Incident record to send a follow-up email to the customer who submitted the Incident, providing information or asking a question about the Incident. You can specify the contents of the email, even inserting fields from the Incident as tokens in the subject and/or body.
To define an email action for a One-Step Action:
- Open the One-Step Editor.
- Add a Send an E-mail action to the Designer Board. Select Zoom on the toolbar to open the email message in a separate window.
- Define email options:
Option Description Send Via Select the email account from which emails are sent when the One-Step Action is run. This is automatically set to your default email account set in CSM Administrator, or by you (if you have security rights). If your administrator has configured other accounts, select them in the drop-down list. It is best to leave the default account so it works for every user that runs the One-Step Action. Field Visibility Select additional lines to show (From Address, Cc, Bcc, and Attachments). Attachments Select the arrow to add attachments to the email. For more information, see Action Attachments. Attach to Recipients Select the arrow to choose options for attaching the email to any of the customer records associated with recipients in the To, Cc, or Bcc lines after the One-Step Action is run and the email is sent. Attach to Current Record Attach the email to the active record as a Journal - Mail History record after the One-Step Action is run and the email is sent. This button is shown only if there is a Business Object available within the One-Step Action to which the email can be attached. Allow User to Edit Select the allow user to edit button on the toolbar to allow the user to edit the email before sending. If this option is not selected, the email is sent as-is without allowing the user to view and edit it first. For more information about email history attachment options, see the Email Accounts documentation on where to store email history. Selector Insert Tokens (example: fields, system functions, prompts, expressions, stored values, metrics, and counters) directly into the text.
Depending on the token, select the token, and then right-click the token to access these options:
- Edit Properties: Modify properties for expressions, prompts, metric values, file names, and file contents.
- Modifiers: Add modifiers.
- Use rich text field style: Use the formatting applied to the Business Object field rather than the formatting applied to the email message. This enables you to include hyperlinks and styled text from the Business Object record in the email.
- Display images as: Choose to size images associated with the token as small, medium, or large thumbnails or as their full size.
Name Provide a display name for the Action. To Select Address Book to open and select the email recipients, or provide recipient email addresses directly. Subject Provide a subject for the email.
- Compose and format a message using the email message toolbars and providing text.
- Define the Annotations for a One-Step Action.
- Select Save.