Define mApp Solution Properties
Use the mApp Solution properties window, accessed from within the mApp Editor, to define mApp Solution properties.
- General properties:
- Name and description: Specific name and description for the mApp Solution.
- (Optional) Image: Image to represent the mApp Solution.
- Created by: Name of mApp Solution creator (individual or organization).
- (Optional) Details URL: Site that contains detailed information about the mApp Solution.
- (Optional) Prevent mApp customizations during install: Removes the option to ignore parts of a mApp Solution during an upgrade.
- (Optional) Protect mApp content on publishing: Helps to achieve mApp Solution upgradability by preventing editing or deletion of content.
- (Optional) Features: Definitions grouped together into subsections of functionality.
Good to know:
- When system administrators apply a mApp Solution to a CSM system, the general properties are displayed in the Apply mApp Wizard. When users view the mApp Solutions that have been installed in their systems, the general properties are shown in the Installed mApp Solutions window.
- You must define at least the general properties in order for the mApp Solution to be considered ready for distribution.
- If you have Globalization and multiple cultures enabled for your system and translations that impact your mApp Solution have been applied, you must define mApp Solution properties for each culture. For more information, see Applying Cultures to mApps.
- Business Object and CSM Item definitions can be grouped together into Features (subsections of functionality) using mApp Solution conditions. Features can then be applied (or not) as a whole in the Apply mApp Wizard.
To define mApp Solution properties:
- Open the mApp Editor.
- From the mApp Editor menu bar, select File > mApp Properties.
- Select the General Properties page.
- Define general properties for the mApp Solution:
- Name: Provide a display name to use for the mApp Solution.
- Description: Provide a description of the mApp Solution. This should be as detailed as possible, as it is displayed in the Apply mApp Wizard.
- Image: Select an image to associate with the mApp Solution.
- None: Select this radio button to not associate an image with the mApp Solution.
- File: Select this radio button to use an image for the mApp Solution. Then, select the ellipses to browse to the location of the image file, select the file, and select Open.
- Created by: Provide the name of the organization or individual who created the mApp Solution.
- Details URL: If detailed information about the mApp Solution is available on a website, provide the URL here. Then, select the ellipses to navigate to the site and ensure that the URL is correct.
- Advanced Options:
- Prevent mApp customizations during install: As a mApp Solution author, select this check box to remove the Don't Change option when a mApp Solution is applied during an upgrade. This means that the mApp Solution is applied in its entirety during an upgrade, lessening the possibility of a mApp Solution failure with customized content.
- Protect mApp content on publishing: Select this check box to protect the contents of your mApp Solution. This helps to achieve upgradability by preventing the editing or deletion of content after the Protected mApp Solution has been applied. If you select this check box, the Prevent mApp customizations during install check box is automatically selected.
- Select the Features page.
- (Optional) Define mApp Solution Features:
- Select Add to add a new Feature.
- Define general properties for the Feature:
- Name: Provide a name for the Feature.
- Description: Provide a description of the Feature. This is the text that explains the Feature to the administrator applying the mApp Solution to his system, so ensure that the description is clear.
- This feature is enabled by default: Select this check box to include the mApp Solution feature by default when the mApp Solution is applied to a CSM system using the Apply mApp Wizard.
- Select the One-Step page.
- (Optional) Run a One-Step Action:
- One-Step: Select a recently used One-Step Action from the drop-down list or select the ellipses to edit it or to select a different one.
- Description: Provide a description of the One-Step Action. This should be as detailed as possible, as it is displayed in the Apply mApp Wizard and explains what the One-Step Action does. If the One-Step Action already has a description, it is pre-populated.
This option is not available using the CSM Configuration command-line.
The Action must be an unassociated One-Step Action (not tied to a particular Business Object).
- Prepare the mApp Solution for Distribution (File > Prepare mApp Solution for Distribution), or save the mApp Solution (File > Save to mApp Solution to Disk) to continue making other changes.