Define Merge Actions for General Business Object Properties
Use the General page in the Business Object Properties window to define overwrite options for the following general properties for a Business Object:
- Name and description.
- General options: Public ID, Business Object type, tracking options, menus and shortcut keys, and various options for defining a Business Object's behavior and where it appears in CSM.
Good to know:
- You can only configure separate merge actions for individual Business Object properties and areas if the Business Object is set to Merge in the Business Object Properties window (mApp Solutions page). If the Business Object is set to any other option, or if the Include in mApp Solution check box is cleared, then you cannot configure separate merge actions for individual properties or areas.
If you are configuring merge actions for a Business Object that was previously applied as part of a Protected mApp Solution, the main differences are:
- You see a message saying
Protected Business Object! Changes are restricted.
- Some fields and options are not available to be changed.
- See Protected mApp™ Solutions.
- You see a message saying
- For more information about defining general Business Object properties, refer to Define General Properties for a Business Object.
To define merge actions for general Business Object properties:
- Add a Business Object to a mApp Solution using the Add Business Object to mApp Solution Wizard.
- Open the Business Object Properties window for the Business Object you just added to the mApp Solution:
- Set the Business Object to Merge:
- Select the mApps page, and then select the Include in mApp check box.
- In the Options area, select the Import to Target System option.
- In the If Already Present drop-down list, select Merge as the merge action for the Business Object.
- Select the General page.
- Select mApp next to each property merge area, and then select a merge action:
For general Business Object information (name and description):
- Do Not Overwrite Name and Description: Select this option to leave the Business Object's name and description unchanged in the target system when the mApp Solution is applied.
- Overwrite Name and Description: Select this option to overwrite the Business Object's name and description in the target system when the mApp Solution is applied.
For general Business Object options:
- Do Not Overwrite General Options: Select this option to leave the Business Object's general options unchanged in the target system when the mApp Solution is applied.
- Overwrite General Options: Select this option to overwrite the Business Object's general options in the target system when the mApp Solution is applied.
- Prepare the mApp Solution for Distribution (File > Prepare mApp for Distribution), or save the mApp Solution (File > Save mApp to Disk) to continue making other changes.