Define Merge Actions for Relationship Database Properties
Use the Database page in the Relationship Properties window to define whether or not to overwrite the relationship's database properties.
Good to know:
- You can only configure separate merge actions for individual relationships and relationship properties if the Business Object is set to Merge in the Business Object Properties window (mApps page). If the Business Object is set to any other option, or if Include in mApp is cleared, then you cannot configure separate merge actions for individual relationship properties.
- Database properties allow you to create and enable foreign keys for the relationship. Foreign Keys establish and enforce a link between tables in a relational database, and are required by SQL Reporting Services. It is recommended that you do not use foreign keys unless you have a specific need to do so.
- For more information about defining relationship database properties, refer to Define Database Properties for a Relationship.
If you are configuring merge actions for Business Object relationships that were previously applied as part of a Protected mApp™ Solution, the main differences are:
- You see a shield icon next to each content-protected relationship.
- If a Business Object relationship is content-protected, it cannot be deleted.
- Relationships created during the installation of a Protected mApp Solution cannot be edited or deleted.
- If you create a new relationship, you can edit and delete it.
- See Protected mApp™ Solutions.
To define merge actions for relationship database properties:
- Add a Business Object to a mApp using the Add Business Object to mApp wizard.
- Open the Relationship Properties window:
- Set the relationship to Merge:
- Select the mApps page, and then select Include in mApp.
- In the Options area, select Import to Target System.
- From the If already present drop-down list, select Merge as the merge action for the relationship.
- Select the Database page.
- Select mApp , and then select a merge action:
- Do not overwrite database options: Select this option to leave the relationship's database properties unchanged in the target system when the mApp Solution is applied.
- Overwrite database options: Select this option to overwrite the relationship's database properties in the target system when the mApp Solution is applied.
- Prepare the mApp Solution for Distribution (File > Prepare mApp for Distribution), or save the mApp Solution (File > Save mApp to Disk) to continue making other changes.