Define Merge Actions for Relationship Link Properties
Use the Links page in the Relationship Properties window (accessed from within the mApp Solution Editor) to define whether or not to overwrite how Business Objects are linked together in a relationship.
Good to know:
- You can only configure separate merge actions for individual relationships and relationship properties if the Business Object is set to Merge in the Business Object Properties window (mApps page). If the Business Object is set to any other option, or if Include in mApp is cleared, then you cannot configure separate merge actions for individual relationship properties.
- For more information about defining link properties for a relationship, refer to Define Link Properties for a Relationship.
If you are configuring merge actions for Business Object relationships that were previously applied as part of a Protected mApp™ Solution, the main differences are:
- You see a shield icon next to each content-protected relationship.
- If a Business Object relationship is content-protected, it cannot be deleted.
- Relationships created during the installation of a Protected mApp Solution cannot be edited or deleted.
- If you create a new relationship, you can edit and delete it.
- See Protected mApp™ Solutions.
To define merge actions for a relationship's link properties:
- Add a Business Object to a mApp using the Add Business Object to mApp wizard.
- Open the Relationship Properties window:
- Set the relationship to Merge:
- Select the mApp page, and then select Include in mApp.
- In the Options area, select Import to Target System.
- From the If already present drop-down list, select Merge as the merge action for the relationship.
- Select the Links page.
- Select mApp, and then select a merge action:
- Do not overwrite relationship link options: Select this option to leave the relationship's link properties unchanged in the target system when the mApp Solution is applied.
- Overwrite relationship link options: Select this option to overwrite the relationship's link properties in the target system when the mApp Solution is applied.
- Prepare the mApp Solution for Distribution (File > Prepare mApp for Distribution), or save the mApp Solution (File > Save mApp to Disk) to continue making other changes.