Anonymous Security Group
The Anonymous Security Group (OOTB: Anonymous Browser) is required for CSM Web Applications to read basic setup information from the system. The Anonymous Security Group can also be configured to allow users/customers in the group to view (or not view) the CSM Portal and a variety of items on the CSM Portal, including Business Objects, form controls, dashboards, widgets, and One-Step™ Actions.
OOTB Anonymous Security Group
The CSM Starter Database provides an OOTB Security Group named Anonymous Browser.
Initial Configuration for Anonymous Access
The following initial configurations must be set for the Anonymous features to work:
- Security Settings: Configure Anonymous Login Settings for CSM Web Applications. This is required for CSM Web Applications to read basic setup information from the system.
- Site Settings: Configure the Site to Allow Anonymous Access.
Enable Searching Rights for Anonymous access
Users in the Anonymous Security Group can be enabled for specific Searching Rights in the CSM Portal.
Enable specific Business Objects for Anonymous access
Users in the Anonymous Security Group can be enabled to view specific Business Objects in the CSM Portal. Any Business Objects associated with Form Controls, Dashboards, Widgets, and Actions enabled for Anonymous access will also need to be enabled for Anonymous access.
- Enable Anonymous View or Edit of a Specific Business Object
- Examples of View permissions:
- Knowledge Articles
- Service Catalog
- Examples of View/Add permissions:
- Anonymous users can execute a direct link (also known as deep link) to Business Objects that have been configured for anonymous access.
- Examples of View permissions:
Enable a Dashboard for Anonymous View
Users in the Anonymous Security Group can be enabled to view specific Dashboards in the CSM Portal. When not configured, the Anonymous User is prompted to login to view the Dashboard.
The configured Startup Dashboard is automatically visible to Anonymous Users regardless of the configured setting.
- Enable Anonymous View of a Dashboard.
- Anonymous users can execute a direct link (also known as deep link) todashboards that have been configured for Anonymous view.
- If a form or dashboard is configured to be visible to anonymous users, each control on the form or dashboard is also enabled to be visible to anonymous users. Anonymous users have view access only. If an anonymous user selects a control to execute an action, they are prompted to log in. After successful log in, the Action runs.
You can add a button or link with a Portal Login Command to a CSM Portal Form or Dashboard or a Portal Login Command to the CSM Portal menu. The Portal Login Command immediately prompts an anonymous user with the Login modal. See Add a Portal Login Command to a Customer Portal Dashboard, Menu, or Form.
Enable the Service Catalog for Anonymous Access
Users in the Anonymous Security Group can be enabled to view the Service Catalog in the CSM Portal in a variety of ways. See Enable Anonymous Access of the Service Catalog for specific information.
Restrict a Specific Form Control or Widget from Anonymous View
Use the ViewAnonymous() System Function to restrict Anonymous User visibility of a specific Form Control or Widget by setting the Value to false for that control. If the Value is set to False, the control is not visible to Anonymous Users.
If a form or Dashboard is configured to be visible to Anonymous Users, each control on the form or dashboard is also enabled to be visible to anonymous users.
The ViewAnonymous() System Function is a visibility expression for an item on a form or dashboard. It can be set as a Boolean property wherever a System Function can be accessed (e.g., One-Step Action, expression, etc.).
Limit Anonymous Access to Records
Anonymous Users can be limited in their access to records. When enabling Anonymous view of a specific Business Object, select Limit records based on criteria and Browse to configure a custom query to limit the records available to Anonymous Users.