Ivanti Neurons for Spend Intelligence is available only if you have the appropriate license from Ivanti.
Spend Intelligence comprises the following components:
- Software Insights – understand what software you have, get insights into usage and end-of-life software, and identify opportunities to upgrade or reclaim licenses
- License Manager – view your purchase history contract and license information, identify upcoming renewals, and monitor your software spend
- SaaS Management – understand your SaaS subscriptions to enable you to manage them better
If you also have a license for Ivanti Neurons for ITAM, you can configure your system so that data relating to contracts and license transactions is automatically passed between Spend Intelligence and ITAM. This means that you can use a single set of data in both to get an understanding of your software estate and software spend from Spend Intelligence coupled with the asset management features such as procurement and lifecycle tracking from Ivanti Neurons for ITAM. For details about how to configure this integration and how it works, see Integration with Ivanti Neurons for ITAM.
Remember that if you ever installed a piece of software, then you needed to have a license for it. Also, always check the vendor-specific license rules to understand what conditions need to be met for license reassignment.
You access the Spend Intelligence components from the Software section of the left navigation pane. When you click one of the Spend Intelligence components, a Spend Intelligence navigation pane appears that enables you to open each of the pages of Spend Intelligence directly.
Searching for items
In addition to using the charts and data grids of Ivanti Neurons for Spend Intelligence, you can also click in the toolbar to search for specific items. When you type in the search box, any matching text found in the system is displayed in a section labeled with the title of the component it was found in followed by the number of items found. You can search for:
- Contract Numbers on Contracts and Transactions
- Product Names on Licenses and Licensable Software
- Application Names on SaaS Applications
Roles and permissions
You need a separate license to see the Ivanti Neurons for Spend Intelligence components, and some of the features are available only to users with the appropriate role. The roles used by Ivanti Neurons for Spend Intelligence are:
- Software Analyst: standard user with privileges that enable typical day-to-day operations, with no visibility of financial data
- Software Asset Manager: provides visibility of financial data and access to advanced features such as the ability to create, update, and delete transactions
For information about managing roles, see Access Control.