Editing a Custom File Type Filter
You can edit the configuration of an existing custom file type filter to improve its efficiency and assure the consistent limiting of access to specific file types.
- In the Control Panel pane under the Modules section, select Device Explorer.
- In the navigation bar, select Explorer > Manage Custom File Types.
The Manage Custom File Types dialog opens.
- In the Custom File Type list, select the filter you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
The Edit Custom File Type dialog is displayed.
- In the Steps list, select a step that requires updating and click Edit.
You can remove a step that is no longer required by selecting it and clicking Remove.
- After you have finished editing the custom file type steps, click Save.
The custom file type filter is updated with your edits.
- Manage Custom File Types Dialog
- New Custom File Type dialog
- Edit Custom File Type Dialog
- Search for Bytes Dialog
- Read a Variable dialog
- Change Current Position Dialog
- Check End of File Dialog