Edit Custom File Type Dialog
Use the Edit Custom File Types dialog to add or change steps required to detect the file type you want to limit access to. It is launched by selecting an existing definition in the Manage Custom File Types dialog and clicking Edit.
On this dialog you can:
- Edit the name displayed in the file type filtering dialog.
- View a list of the Steps defined for detecting the file type, ordered sequentially.
- Add Steps to the filter:
Search for Bytes – Search for a byte string within a file, which is unique to the file type you want to detect.
Read a Variable – Create a variable that reads an integer value at a specific position in the file.
Change Current Position – Change the current position of the reference point.
Check End of File – Check if the current position is the end of the file.
- Edit an existing Step by selecting it and clicking Edit. See Editing a Custom File Type Filter.
- Remove an existing Step by selecting it and clicking Remove. See Removing a Custom File Type Filter.
- Move a Step's position in the sequence by selecting it and clicking Move Up and Move Down.
- Manage Custom File Types Dialog
- New Custom File Type dialog
- Search for Bytes Dialog
- Read a Variable dialog
- Change Current Position Dialog
- Check End of File Dialog