Simple Query Tab
The Simple Query tab is displayed by default when the Template settings dialog opens and is used define simple template query conditions.
Using the Simple Query tab, you can:
- Show or hide columns by selecting or deselecting the column names in the Columns list.
The column name moves to the top section of the list when you check it.
- Change the display size of a column by:
- Selecting a row.
- Clicking Size.
- Typing a new size.
- Sort ascending/descending:
- Click the Sort/Group by cell of the row corresponding to the appropriate results column (or highlight the row and click Sort/Group By).
- Choose either Ascending or Descending from the drop-down list options.
- If you want to sort the results of the query by the values in more than one column, select the multi-column sorting box and choose the columns that you want to sort your results by in turn.
- Group results according to the value in a particular column:
- Click the Sort/Group by cell of the row corresponding to the appropriate results column (or select the row and click Sort/Group By).
- Choose the Group by option from the drop-down list.
When grouping results, all log entries in the Log Explorer Results panel/custom report are compiled into single entries corresponding to the unique values in the column. In the following figure, results are grouped according to their File Type value. The ellipses indicate hidden log entries and the Count column indicates how many log entries have the same File Type.
- Define the column display order using Move up and Move down commands.