Implement a Portal
Use these steps to implement the supplied IT Portal site.
Complete the following steps to implement the supplied IT Portal site:
- Review the Portal site. Understand the supplied site items (dashboards, the Service Catalog, the discussion board, the document repository) and the supplied properties (header/footer, menu bar).
- Configure required Portal settings:
- Configure the Portal URL.
- Set the default domain in CSM Administrator.
- Create Portal login credentials for a customer. Typically, this is done as part of the security setup.
CSM provides other default settings (example: anonymous login, password enforcement rules); you can change these, if needed, but it is not required.
- (Optional) Explore ideas for Portal site design. For more information, see Portal site design ideas.
- (Optional) See ideas for creating a custom Portal. For more information, see Create a custom Portal.