Create a PPM Project
Create a new Project to add supporting information and plan the staffing and resources necessary to complete the Project. You can do this during the New and Staffing phases.
This functionality is only available after you apply the mApp Solution.
Create a Project from the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Browser Client (New > New PPM Project).
- Provide a name and select an Area from the drop-down list.
- Add a description (optional) and select a Requester.
- Select an Assigned Team and an Assigned To from the drop-down lists.
- Select a Site from the drop-down list.
- Select a Portfolio and Program Name, if applicable.
The Portfolio, Program (if applicable), and Demand tabs are links to the parent record information.
- The Planned Start and Planned End Date Fields are initially populated from the associated fields in the Demand. Going forward, these dates are populated based on the dates in the '0' Outline Task once Project Tasks are imported. These will change with each import update as appropriate.
- Select Actual Start and End Dates.
- The Planned Effort Field is initially populated based on the Resource Plans created in the Demand. As Project Tasks are created, the '0' Outline Task provides the overall Planned Effort number (Effort Field in that Summary Task).
- The Projected Remaining Effort Field is the Planned Effort minus Actual Effort.
- The Actual Effort Field is based on the sum of Task Summary times in the weekly Timesheets.
- The Resource Plan tab contains Resource Items populated from the Demand. You can add more Resource Items here, but it will not affect the Demand baseline. Individual Resources are assigned in PPM Project Tasks.
- The Benefit Plans tab contains Benefit Items populated from the Demand. You can add more Benefit Items here, but it will not affect the Demand baseline.
- Enter additional Budget Items in the Budget Items tab.
Once Budget Items transfer into a Project, fields labeled Remaining below the quarterly budget breakdown figures show the budget remaining after Cost Items have been applied. An alert icon will identify any Budget Items with Cost Items that exceed the budgeted amount.
- Enter Cost Items in the Cost Items tab. Cost items that do not have an associated Budget Item are identified with an alert icon. For more information, see PPM Cost Items.
- Enter Project Tasks in the Project Tasks tab. It is recommended that Project Tasks be created and updated with MS Project or Excel.
- Enter Issues in the Issues tab. The Open Issues area of Project Health will reflect the number of open Issues for each health area based on the Issue Type. For more information, see PPM Issues.
- The Risks tab contains Risks rolled over from the Demand. You can add more Risks here, but it will not affect the Demand baseline.
- Enter Action Items in the Action Items tab. For more information, see Create PPM Action Items.
- Use the Change Orders tab to accommodate Project needs that will affect scope, budget, or schedule.
- Use the Change Requests tab to track associated IT changes associated with the Project (example: Install a new Server).
- Use the Project Task Import tab to import information exported from Microsoft Project or Excel. For more information, see Import Project Info.
This tab is only available on the CSM Browser Client.
- Select Save.
Provide supporting information in the Form Arrangement.
The Project Health Widget provides a view from the Project Manager perspective of the three key areas that are indicators of overall project health: Budget, schedule, and scope. You must manually change this Widget.