Evaluate a PPM Demand
After a Demand is accepted, it moves to the Evaluate phase.
This functionality is only available after you apply the mApp Solution.
During the Evaluate phase, you will enter more detailed information (in the Form Arrangement) to be used to assess the viability of the Demand.
In the Demand Evaluation phase, you will put together a low-level resource plan, a benefit plan, a budget plan, and risks. The financial assessment is auto-filled.
In the Evaluation phase, you can create plans to further detail the cost, opportunity, and resource impacts of the Demand. None of these are required to move to the Approval phase; this is an option you can use if you wish to evaluate at a less formal level. Controls for the amount of required information can be configured in CSM Administrator, as appropriate.
To evaluate a PPM Demand:
- Enter Resources in the Resource Plan tab.
- Enter Benefit Items in the Benefit Plan tab.
- Enter Budget Items in the Budget Plan tab.
- The Financial Assessment tab automatically populates with an aggregate of the numbers in your Budget and Benefits Plan.
- Enter Risks in the Risks tab.
- The Stakeholders tab automatically populates based on area. For more information, see Create PPM Stakeholders.
- The Portfolio, Program (if applicable), and Strategic Objective tabs are links to the parent record information.
When a Demand is ready for the approval phase, select the Submit for Approval link under Actions. For more information, see PPM Demand Approval.