IT Asset Management (ITAM) - Purchase Request through Receiving mApp Solution 1.2
Use the ITAM mApp® Solution to submit requests for IT goods through the CSM Portal.
Platform version requirements: Tested on CSM 9.6.3 — 10.2.0
Content version requirements: Tested on CSM 9.6.3 — 10.2.0
Prerequisites: If you have 10.2.0 content, ensure you apply the following workarounds to publish the mApp Solution application successfully:
- Supplier Links Supplier Catalog Item relationship:
- Under Links, from the Default Link drop-down list, reselect the Supplier ID field.
- Repeat this step on the reverse relationship for Supplier Catalog Item Links Supplier with the Supplier Catalog Item ID.
- Underpinning Contract Business Object: The Purchasing - UnderpinningContract form references a SKU Number field that no longer exists in OOTB content as of 10.2.0. Remove the field from the form and save the changes.
- Part Business Object:
- In the field properties for the Supplier ID for Reorder field, open the Validation/Auto-populate page.
- Expand the Auto-populate section, and under the Populate with option for Field from Supplier Catalog Item lookup table, reselect the Supplier ID field.
- SupplierCatalogItem grid: This references a field that no longer exists in 10.2.0 OOTB content. To automatically delete the field, from the Scan Results window, select Go to Error.
Cherwell Asset Management (CAM) version 13.0 or later and CAM API versions 2.5 or newer:
- CAM Customer Number
- CAM API Version
- CAM Server (if applicable)
- CAM Purchasing Manager email
The IT Asset Management (ITAM) - Purchase Request through Receiving mApp Solution is comprised of new Business Objects (example: Inventory) and modified SIAM Business Objects. Use the IT Purchasing solution to request IT goods through the CSM Portal by selecting from a Product Catalog that is tied to the back end Supplier Catalog Items. IT managers can make decisions about the procurement of the goods, either from stock or by issuing a Purchase Request. The solution provides for the integration with CAM (optional) to complete the loop from requesting through receiving.
This mApp Solution utilizes multiple Service Management processes, including:
- Product Catalog (modified)
- Supplier Catalog Item (modified)
- Inventory (new)
- Purchase Request (new)
- Service Request (new specific form and automation)
- Configuration Items
- Underpinning Contracts
Apply the mApp Solution
Follow these steps to download, apply, and configure the mApp Solution:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM.
Apply the mApp Solution and when prompted, enter the CAM Customer Number, CAM API Version, value for Own CAM, CAM Purchasing Manager email, and CAM Server (if applicable). Select the Open a Blueprint so that I can preview the changes option. Before publishing the Blueprint, you will need to configure the mApp Solution.
This mApp Solution includes a Product Subcategory Table that allows customers to assign specific categorizations to the items found in their Product Catalog. This new table depends on values found in the out-of-the-box table Product Category. Because customers may have added additional data to this table, this mApp Solution does not include any new entries for the Product Category or Product Subcategory table. Customers should add Product Subcategory values during the implementation of this mApp Solution. Examples of Product Subcategory Items are: Notebook, Workstation, and Tablet.
For a list of items included in the mApp Solution, see ITAM mApp Solution Items.
Steps to Configure the mApp Solution
Perform the following high-level steps to configure the mApp Solution:
- Schedule One-Step™ Action to Update Purchase Request.
- Schedule One-Step™ Action to Update Config - Software License.
- Configure Security Groups.
- Update Friendly Name (Only if using the Cherwell Asset Management).
Steps to Use the mApp Solution
Perform the following high-level steps to use the mApp Solution:
- Initiate a request for purchase from the Portal.
- Work the Service Request.
- Work the Purchase Request.
|mApp Version||Platform Version Requirements||Out-of-the-Box Version Requirements||Prerequisites|
|1.0||9.1.0||8.1||CAM version 13.0 or newer; CAM API versions 2.5 or newer|
|1.1||9.6.x and 9.7.0||9.6.x and 9.7.0||CAM version 13.0 or newer; CAM API versions 2.5 or newer|
|1.2||Tested on 9.6.3 — 10.2.0||Tested on 9.6.3 — 10.2.0||For 10.2.0 content, ensure you apply the
CAM version 13.0 or newer; CAM API versions 2.5 or newer.