Define Approval Configuration for a Business Object
Use the Advanced page of the Approval Editor to define the Approval configuration for a Business Object.
Defining the approval configuration is typically done after defining an Approval Relationship and Approval Block ID field, but before creating Approval Blocks. For more information, see Define an Approval Relationship and Create/Edit an Approval Block.
When you define an approval configuration for a Business Object, you select:
- An approval relationship.
- Fields in the Major Business Object to hold the approval description and approval ID.
- Options to determine when approvals are generated.
To define the approval Configuration for a Business Object:
- Open the Approval Editor.
- Select the Advanced page.
- Define the approval configuration for the Business Object:
- Relationship holding approvals: Select the approval relationship you created from the drop-down list.
- Field holding description: Select the field in the Major Business Object that will contain the description of the approval.
- Field holding ID of selected approval: Select the Approval Block ID field you created from the drop-down list.
- Generate approvals: Select an option for initiating the approval to be created:
- When trigger condition is true: Select this option to generate approvals based on the trigger condition.
- When record is saved: Select this option to generate approvals when the Major Business Object record is saved and the trigger condition occurs.
- Publish the Blueprint (File > Publish Blueprint) to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint (File > Save Blueprint) to continue making other changes.