Define Tab Relationship Options for a Form Arrangement
Use the Relationship Options page in the Tab Properties window to define options for showing a menu of join reasons that users can select when adding child records to a tab in a form arrangement.
The Tab Properties window is available in the Form Arrangement Editor (within a Blueprint in CSM Administrator). The Relationship Properties page is only available for tabs that display child objects in many-to-many relationships that are linked with a join table and use a list of values for the join reason.
When linking a record on a one-to-many relationship with a Group Member on a form arrangement tab, you can select multiple records in the selector window using Shift+Ctrl. Multi-select is not available when the relationship is with a Group Leader.
To define tab relationship options for a form arrangement:
- Open a form arrangement in the Form Arrangement Editor.
- On a tab, right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Relationship Options page.
- Define relationship options:
- Show Join Reason Sub-menu for Linking: Select this check box to display an arrow next to the link button in the tab. Users can click the arrow to open a sub-menu and select a join reason for a child record that is added to the tab.
- Custom Field for Menu Text: Select this check box to display values from a selected field as options in the join reason sub-menu. Otherwise, the list of values defined in the relationship's link properties will be used.
- Limit Items for Menu: Select this check box to limit the items that are displayed in the join reason sub-menu. Then, define an expression that limits the items, either:
- Stored expression: Select the Ellipsis button to open the Expression Manager, and then select an existing stored expression or create a new stored expression. Stored expressions can be reused in numerous places in CSM.
- Custom expression: Select the Custom Expression button to open the Custom Expression Builder, and then create a custom expression specifically for this scenario.
- Select OK.
- Publish the Blueprint to commit the changes, or save the Blueprint to continue making other changes.