Create a Slack Channel from the Related Items Pane
Once the Slack integration is configured for the Related Items pane, you can start a conversation with CSM users who have accounts in the configured Slack workspace.
Good to Know:
- CSM users who have the security right to create a new chat conversation can create a private Slack channel from the Related Items pane. Only users who belong to the Slack workspace can be invited to the channel, however.
- Channel names are determined by administrative settings. You cannot rename channels.
To create a Slack channel from a saved Business Object record:
- Expand the Related Items pane.
- Select the Chat page.
- Select Start Slack Conversation.
The Channel Properties dialog opens.
- In the Invite User box, select the Address Book icon.
- Select a user who belongs to your Slack workspace.
You will receive a message if you select a user who is not a member of your Slack workspace.
- Select OK.