Configure Knowledge Sources for Solution Search
Administrators use this task to configure knowledge sources for Solution Search in CSM Administrator for . Although there are various ways to configure knowledge sources, the recommended best practice is to configure them within the same Blueprint used to configure related knowledge mapping and Solution Search Properties.
This task is part of a larger workflow: Configure Solution Search Workflow.
To configure knowledge sources for Solution Search:
- Within the Blueprint (created in the first task of this workflow), select Managers > Knowledge > Knowledge Sources.
The Knowledge Source Manager window appears.
- Right-click the knowledge source you want to configure for Solution Search (example: Knowledge Articles) and select Edit.
The Knowledge Source window appears.
- Configure the knowledge source settings that will apply to the Solution Search.
- Name: The value of this field is what displays as the name of the Knowledge Source in the Solution Search.
- Items to Search: These fields are only applicable to the Knowledge Pane in the CSM Desktop Client. Regardless of which items are selected here, the Solution Search is designed to search the Business Object records only (not child records or attachments).
- Additional search criteria: Select the ellipse button , and then select a saved search. This enables you to include additional search criteria filters for the Solution Search.
- The rest of the fields on this window are only applicable to the Knowledge Pane in the CSM Desktop Client. They do not apply to the Solution Search.
- Select OK.
Next task: Configure Knowledge Mapping for Solution Search.