Search for Knowledge Using the Knowledge Pane
In the CSM Browser Client, use the Related Item Navigation Solution search tab to search for and use Knowledge sources.
The following information applies to the CSM Desktop Client.
In CSM Desktop Client, use the Knowledge pane to search for Knowledge sources.
Good to Know:
- Select Browse under online resource results to view Web Knowledge.
- If the search is conducted from a record (example: Incident), you can select the Use Solution button to link the solution to the record. The way in which the record is linked depends on the configuration (example: Data could be copied into the record, a journal entry could be added, or the record could be linked via a relationship). For Knowledge Articles, selecting the Use Solution button also increments the KA's usage count.
To search for Knowledge using the Knowledge pane:
- Open the Knowledge Pane.
- In the Knowledge Pane toolbar, define Knowledge pane search options.
- In the Search For field, specify a word or phrase to search (example: Printing).
- In the Options section, define Knowledge Pane options.
- Select the Go button to run the search.
Knowledge Pane results open in the Knowledge pane.
- Select a Knowledge source link to view the content.