Widgets Good to Know
Use these tips for helpful information on Widgets.
- Pin items to a Pinboard (in the Manager) and MRU list (in the CSM Desktop Client menu bar) to make them easily accessible in CSM. For more information, see Pin a CSM Item.
- CSM provides a number of OOTB Widgets, designed to display data on a Dashboard or Portal Site. For more information see About Dashboards or Portal Sites. Use these OOTB Widgets as-is, edit them, or create your own using the Widget Manager.
- A Dashboard Theme controls the colors and styles of the Dashboard and its Widgets, and gives the Dashboard a cohesive look. The Dashboard Theme is defined as part of the Dashboard's Display properties but can be overridden at a Global, Role, user, or Widget level. For more information, see Dashboard Themes.
- For tips on working with Widgets on Dashboards, see Dashboard Editor Behaviors.
- Consider using folders to organize your Widgets. For example, organize your Widgets by Type (Search Widgets) or Automation Process (Incident Widgets). For more information, see Organize CSM Manager Items.
- Be descriptive with Widget names so that you can easily identify/sort/search for them in CSM. For example, consider including in your naming convention the type of Widget or where/how it is used.
- Select the Info button at the bottom of the property page to view the Widget's name, scope, and folder.
- Security rights control access to CSM functionality and are configured in the Security Group Manager in CSM Administrator (Security > Edit Security Groups). For more information, see Security rights and Configure Dashboard Security Rights.
- Any widget that is covered by a Flyout Widget when the Flyout Widget is expanded must be in a layer that is in front of the Flyout Widget. If the Flyout Widget layer is in front of another widget, the widget behind the Flyout Widget will be inaccessible even when the Flyout Widget is collapsed. For information about widget positions, see Layer a Widget.