Applying Language Pack Bundles to Definitions or Form Controls
You can apply one or more Language Pack bundles directly to one or more definitions or Form controls.
Translations will be applied to strings contained in the definition or control, but not to strings referenced by the definition or control. To see which strings will be translated, you can view the strings before applying translations.
- Use the Item Managers to apply Language Pack bundles to definitions, such as One-Step Actions, Stored Values, and Expressions.
- Use the Definition Reviewer to apply Language Pack bundles to Forms, Grids, and Form Arrangements.
- Use the Form Editor to apply Language Pack bundles to one or more Form controls.
To apply Language Packs to definitions:
- In CSM Administrator, create a Blueprint or mApp Solution.
- Do one of the following:
- Select an Item from the Manager menu, and then select an item, such as a Stored Value.
- Open the Definition Reviewer, and then select an item in the definition list.
- Open a form, and then select one or more form controls.
- Use one of these methods to open the Select Language Pack Bundles dialog.
- Right-click and select Localization > Apply Language Pack Bundles.
- Select the Localization icon on the toolbar, and then select Apply Language Pack (Item Managers and the Form Editor only).
You can apply Language Pack Bundles to multiple definitions from an Item Manager.
The Select Language Pack Bundles dialog opens.
- Select the Language Pack Bundles to apply to target culture of the selected definitions. You can choose one or more Language Pack Bundle.
- Select the Log Change check box to view or save a list of translation changes that will be made once you publish the Blueprint that contains the Language Pack. See Log Translation Changes in a Language Pack.
- Click OK.