How Do I . . .?: Scan and Patch ESXi Hypervisors
The Virtual Inventory feature is used to scan and patch the ESXi hypervisors (ESXi hosts) that are used in your organization. The process is simple:
- Add your managed and unmanaged ESXi hypervisors to Security Controls.
- Perform a scan of the managed and unmanaged ESXi hypervisors.
- View the security bulletins that are missing on the managed and unmanaged ESXi hypervisors.
- Initiate a deployment of any missing security bulletins.
- Specify how the ESXi hypervisor and the virtual machines contained on the hypervisor will be affected during the bulletin deployment.
- View the deployment results.