CSM Portal Good to Know
Use these tips for helpful information on the CSM Portal.
- The CSM Portal is personal (you can display different views for different customers).
- The CSM Portal allows anonymous access (customer is not required to log in), though access to data is limited.
- If a CSM Portal site requires a log in, customers must have CSM Portal login credentials, which means they must have a customer record with defined credentials and security rights.
- Content can be real time or static and is organized using a set of highly configurable sites that you create for your customers.
- A CSM Portal site can contain any number of site items, including Business Objects/records (customers can create and edit records), Actions (including powerful create options and interactive One-Step Actions), Action Catalogs, dashboard and widgets, document repositories, HTML pages, reports, search groups, and searching.
- When a customer first accesses a site, a default Startup Item is displayed; this can be an Action Catalog (special widget), dashboard, document repository, HTML page, report, or saved search (used to display a list of records). A customer can access other site items using the Site menu bar.
- To help you get started, CSM provides a IT CSM Portal site. This site is built using supplied site items (example: A Service Catalog, Portal-specific forms, service desk-specific dashboards, a document repository) and predefined properties (Startup Item, alternate Startup Item, header/footer, menu bar). Implement and use this IT CSM Portal site as provided, tailor it, or create new sites to meet the needs of your organization. For more information, see Portal Site Design Ideas and Create a Custom Portal.
- You may see random characters in a CSM Portal page's URL. These are related to query strings and are normal behavior.
- Security rights control access to CSM functionality and are configured in the Security Group Manager in CSM Administrator (Security > Edit Security Groups). For more information, see Security rights and Configure Portal Security Rights.