Manage Delegates For Other Users
You can assign a delegate on behalf of other CSM users so that their work can still be done in their absence.
To manage delegates a user has to be granted additional rights. See Users Security Rights.
To manage delegates on behalf of other users:
- Open the Manage Delegates page:
- In the CSM Browser Client, select My Profile from the Account Information toolbar, followed by User Details, then Manage Delegates.
- In the CSM Desktop Client, select Tools from the menu bar, followed by Options, then select the Manage Delegates tab.
- In the On behalf of user drop-down list, select the person whose work you want to delegate to someone else.
- Select the Business Object you wish to add a delegate for from the drop-down list.
The list of available Business Objects is based on Track Owner being selected, and then filtered according to the security rights of the selected On behalf of user. See Configure Delegation.
If you select All Business Objects, this selects all Business Objects for which Track Owner is enabled. See Define General Properties for a Business Object.
- Select a Delegate from the drop-down list.
The person selected for On behalf of doesn't appear in this list.
- Select the Start Date and Time for the delegation period.
- Select the End Date and Time for the delegation period.
The End Date and Time chosen must be at least one hour after the Start Date and Time.
- Select Add.
A new record appears in the tabbed table below for either Work delegated to [your name] or Work delegated to others.
Hover over any of the column headings in the table and select the filter icon to filter delegates by value, date or text (example: Use a text filter of Contains, and Change to filter out only the records containing delegations for Change Requests). You can also sort your delegate records in the table by selecting the up/down arrow next to any of the column headings.
- Select Hide expired records on the Work delegated to others tab to hide all completed and canceled delegations on this tab.
- Select a row and double-click on it, or select View records to search for all the delegations for that particular Business Object that are assigned to that user.
If you select View records for a single Business Object delegation (example: Incident), you are taken straight to the Search Results list/grid. You see a dialog titled, for example, Incidents assigned to Andrew Smith. If you select View records for All Business Objects delegation, before being taken to the Search Results, you are asked to choose the object you want to view the records for.