Steps to Create a Custom Security Design
Complete the following steps to create a custom security design.
CSM is shipped with an OOTB security design complete with OOTB Security Groups, OOTB Roles, OOTB Teams/Workgroups, and OOTB security settings. We recommend that you start with this design, and then tailor it to meet your needs.
To create a custom security design:
- Review the OOTB security design: To understand the OOTB Security Groups, Roles, and Teams/Workgroups.
- Design your security model:
- Identify which Security Groups you will need and the defined set of security rights (access to functionality and data) for each.
- Identify which Roles you will need.
- Identify which Teams/Workgroups you will need.
Complete the User/Customer Worksheet to determine which Security Group and Teams/Workgroups to assign each User/Customer to.
- Create Security Groups.
- Create Roles.
- Create Teams (for Users) and Workgroups (for Customers).
- Add your people:
- Create User Profiles: Create a User Profile for each CSM User.
- Create Customer Profiles (Customer Records): Create a Customer Record for each Customer you support. If a Customer requires login access to a CSM Customer Portal, you must also create Portal login credentials.
To save time, you can import Users/Customers already stored in a Directory Service (example: Active Directory®).
- Configure Security: Configure rights to access security functionality, as well as system security settings (ex: Login, authentication, inactivity, password enforcement, etc.).