Create a Security Group
Use the Security Group Manager in CSM Administrator to create a Security Group.
When creating a Security Group, define the following properties:
- Info: Name and description.
- Rights: Security rights to access CSM functionality.
- Business Object: Security rights to access CSM data (Business Objects/Fields).
- File Attachments: Attachment security rights (ex: Import/link and global overrides).
- Roles:Roles assigned to the Security Group. You can also designate a default Role for the Security Group.
- Users:Users assigned to the Security Group.
To create a Security Group:
- Open the Security Group Manager. See Open the Security Group Manager.
- Select the Create New button Down arrow , and then select the type of Security Group (User or Customer):
- New Cherwell User Security Group: Creates a Security Group for a user (technician).
- New Customer Security Group: Creates a Security Group for a customer (end-user).
Users and customers require different levels of security, and therefore, different User and Customer Security Groups.
- Define general information (Info tab): Name and description.
- Define security rights (Rights tab): Access to CSM functionality.
- Define Business Objects rights (Business Objects tab): Access to CSM Business Object/Field data.
- Define File Attachment rights (File Attachments tab): Attachment security rights (ex: Import/link and global overrides).
- Assign Roles to the Security Group (Roles tab): You can assign an existing Role or create a new Role.
- Assign people to the Security Group:
- Assign LDAP or SAML groups (for systems configured to use LDAP or SAML authentication and automatic user imports only). See Map LDAP Groups to CSM Security Groups and Map SAML Security Groups to CSM Security Groups
- Select Save.