Neurons Bots results
The Neurons Bots results page displays when you:
All versions of a bot are listed, you can filter the results data to tailor the view to your requirements.
- Time: Select a time range to filter the result data. The default is All time. The All time maximum is limited to the last 90 days.
- Triggers: Select the source invocation to filter the result data; Schedule triggers, Custom Action triggers, Run Now, or All triggers. The default is All triggers.
- States: Select the last run device state to filter the result data; All states, shows all runs for all devices. Last state only, shows the last generated run per unique device including if the last run is still in progress. The default is All states.
Select a version of the bot, and select Edit version to edit the bot stages or settings. When you have made all changes select Save and publish this creates a new version on the bot. Learn more about Neurons Bots versioning.
Select to start a bot run immediately:
- On the Neurons bots homepage, select the name of the bot you want to run. The Neurons bots results page displays.
- From the Versions section, select the version of the bot you want to run.
- Click Run now. The Run now dialog displays.
- From the Target group drop-down, select a target device group to run the bot against.
Target groups are set up in Ivanti Neurons > Devices > Groups. The device group must be a Public Group.
- Click Run now. The invocation in progress dialog displays.
- If the invocation was successful a confirmation dialog displays, click Finish.
If the invocation was unsuccessful an error dialog displays, click Close.
Troubleshooting: errors may be due to failure to contact the device group service, or failure to contact edge intelligence for the online/offline status.
The successful or failed invocation details can now be viewed in the history.
Select to view version details for a bot:
- On the Neurons bots homepage, select the name of the bot you want to see the version information. The Neurons bots results page displays.
- From the Versions section, select the version of the bot you want to see more information on. The Version information panel displays.
The information displayed depends on the trigger type and status:
- Version: The bot version number.
- Trigger type: The bot trigger type; Schedule or Custom Action.
- Trigger status: The status of the bot;
- active/inactive - for current version.
- was active/was inactive - for past version.
- Target groups: The target device groups on which the bot will run. Only applicable for active scheduled bots.
- Frequency: The schedule frequency the bot is due to run on the target groups. Only applicable for active scheduled bots.
- Custom action display name: The bot name as it will display in the Device Action panel. Only applicable for active custom actions.
- Created: The date and time the version of the bot was created.
- Created by: The name of the person that created the version of the bot.
- Version description: Any descriptive text relating to the bot version creation.
All versions of the bot are listed under the Versions section. Select a version to display the results in the work area. The latest version is always the current version. Learn more about Neurons Bots versioning.
The Results view displays the invocation and runs history, and the bot stages together with their run results.
The invocation history indicates the number of times the bot had been triggered. The following invocation states are recorded:
- Attempted - The number of times the bot version has been invoked by a trigger, either by a Schedule, Custom Action, or as a manual run now action.
- Failed - The number of times a trigger has failed to invoke the bot. For example, if data services are down and the target devices for the bot cannot be found.
- Successful - The number of times the trigger has successfully invoked the bot.
Click View details to display the Invocation history page.
- Invocation date: The date the bot was last invoked by a trigger.
- Status: The status of the invocation; failed or successful.
- Reason: If the invocation has failed this is the descriptive reason for the failure.
- Trigger: The invocation trigger type; Run now, Schedule, or Custom action.
- Triggered by: The name of the user that triggered the invocation.
- Target: The target device group for the invocation.
This detailed history is only retained for 7 days for successful Actions and Queries and 90 days for failed Actions and Queries.
The run history indicates the number of device runs that have been attempted for all successful invocations. The following run states are recorded:
- Attempted - number of devices the bot is targeting to run against.
- Not generated - devices in the target group are offline.
- Generated - devices in the target group are online.
- In progress - devices with the bot still running.
- With error - devices where the bot has stopped at a certain stage. The configuration will determine whether the bot continues to run for those devices without error.
- Successful - devices where the bot has successfully completed all stages.
Each stage in the bot results contains run metrics, the metrics shown are restricted by the results filter criteria and depend on the type of stage:
Queries and Filters
- Performed - the number in the top right of the Stage indicates the number of devices the Query/Filter was performed on during this bot run.
- In progress - number of devices the Query/Filter is currently still in progress for this bot run.
- Failed - number of devices the Query/Filter has failed for this bot run.
- Matched - number of devices where the Query/Filter criteria was successful for this bot run.
Actions and Interactions
- Performed - the number in the top right of the Stage indicates the number of devices the Action/Interaction was performed on during this bot run.
- In progress - number of devices the Action/Interaction is currently still in progress for this bot run.
- Failed - number of devices where the Action/Interaction has failed for this bot run.
- Successful - number of devices where the Action/Interaction was successful for this bot run.