Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Integration
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is a protocol used to access information in a directory service (a directory stored on a server). LDAP integrates by connecting to the directory service, mapping objects, and enabling security settings to import the Users into CSM.
When sharing data with LDAP, Users should:
- Connect directly to directory service using LDAP.
- Import the LDAP Customer data into the CSM Customer-Internal Business Object (after mapping the Customer-Internal Business Object to the LDAP Directory Service).
- Edit web.config files to enforce redirecting HTTP requests to HTTPS for a better, more secure logon experience.
Steps to Integrate
Perform the following high-level steps to import/link LDAP data. The detailed step-by-step instructions are also in the Directory Services section in our online help.
Most steps are performed in CSM Administrator, within a Blueprint.
- In the CSM Administrator main window, click the Blueprints category, and then click the Create a New Blueprint task.
- Configure CSM Directory Services Settings: Defines how CSM connects with an LDAP Directory Service. After configuring CSM, configure both or either:
- Enable Authentication: Turn on LDAP authentication.