Add a Shape Widget to a Dashboard
Use the Dashboard Editor to add a Shape Widget (ex: Ellipses, Rectangles, and Tabs) to a Dashboard.
Good to know:
- A Shape Widget is highly configurable. Add one or many to a Dashboard, then define how the shape looks and behaves on the Dashboard (ex: Text, size, color, style and gloss, image, alignment, anchoring, layering, and visibility).
- By default, most Shape Widgets acquire their text (font, size, and style), color (background, foreground, and border), border style, and background style properties from the defined Dashboard Theme; however, you can define your own properties, if needed.
- Text, image, and colors can be conditional (Expression-driven).
- Rounded shapes do not allow 3D borders.
- See Dashboard Editor Behaviors for tips on working with Widgets on Dashboards.
To add a Shape Widget to a Dashboard
- Open a Dashboard in the Dashboard Editor
- Drag-and-drop the Shape Widget from the Shapes, Etc. tree onto the Dashboard.
- (Optional) Define the text to display on the shape:
- In the Label text box on the Dashboard Editor toolbar, provide the text to display.
- (Optional) Change the font, font size, font style, font alignment, and text wrap, if needed.
- Define how the Shape Widget looks and behaves on the Dashboard (ex: Size, alignment, etc.).
Continue making changes, or select OK to save and close the editor.