Upload Latest Log Files
You may need to view the most current log information to help you quickly troubleshoot problems or verify that permissions or authorizations are set correctly.
Clients upload log information to the Application Server at the time specified when you define default options. You can use the Log Explorer to fetch log activity as needed, rather than waiting for the next log activity upload.
- From the Management Console, select View > Modules > Log Explorer.
The Log Explorer window opens.
- Click Fetch Log.
The Select Computer dialog opens and prompts you to specify the client computer to fetch the logs from.
- Click Search or Browse to select from a list.
- Click OK.
The computer logs are uploaded to the Application Server and stored in the database. Updated log files are shown in the Log Explorer window.
Restriction: The time delay between retrieving the log entries from the client and the availability of the latest logs depends on the queue size and the database availability at the time of upload.
- View Administrator Activity
You can use the Log Explorer module to monitor Ivanti Device and Application Control administrator activity.
- The Log Explorer Window
- Navigation Control Bar
- Column Headers
- Criteria/Properties Panel
- Results Panel/Custom Report Contents
- Log Explorer Templates
- Select and Edit Templates Dialog
- Template Settings Dialog
- Forcing the Upload of Shadow Files from a Client Upon User Log Off
- Windows Event Log Entries Created by Device Control