Adding a Network Printer to Device Explorer
As network printers do not have unique ID, you must add them to the Printers device class in Device Explorer through a WRITE-DENIED event in the Log Explorer.
You must have attempted to print to the network printer to create a WRITE_DENIED action.
- From the Management Console, select View > Modules > Log Explorer.
Log Explorer window opens.
- Click Fetch Log.
The Select Computer dialog opens and prompts you to specify the client computer to fetch the logs from.
- Click Search or Browse and select the appropriate computer from the list.
- Click OK.
The computer logs are uploaded to the Application Server and stored in the database. Updated log files are shown in the Log Explorer window.
- Find the WRITE-DENIED event generated by the network printer in the Log Explorer window.
- Right-click on the event and select Add Device(s).
The Devices dialog opens.
- Select the check box beside the network printer name and click Add Devices.
The network printer is added to the Printers device class.
- Click Close.
The Devices dialog closes.
The network printer will appear under the Printers node in the Device Explorer. You can now assign permissions to it.
- Device Types Supported
- Device Permission Default Settings
- Device Permission Restrictions
- Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Limitations