Within a device class, you can create groups that contain models or unique device IDs. Managing devices in groups reduces the administrative burden for assigning and tracking device permissions.
You can assign device permissions at the following levels:
- Unique Device ID
Restriction: You can not add specific device model types to the PS/2 Ports class.
- In the Management Console select View > Modules > Device Explorer.
- In the hierarchical device structure shown in the Device Explorer window, right-click Default settings.
- Select Manage Devices from the right-mouse menu.
The Manage Devices dialog opens.
- Click Add new.
The Devices dialog opens.
- Click the ellipsis to show a list of computer names registered in the Active Directory, synchronized to the database, and/or logged in to the network.
- Select a computer from the Select Computer dialog and click OK.
- Click Get Devices.
The Devices dialog refreshes to show a list of devices detected for the computer you selected. Information available:
- Select device(s) using the check box adjacent to the device name.
- Click Add Devices.
The Devices dialog refreshes showing the devices you added as grayed selections.
Tip: You can save a log entry for all the devices connected to the selected computer by clicking Save Log.
- Click Close.
|Local Name||Customizable name associated with the device in the Management Console.|
|Detected Name||Device name as detected by the agent.|
|Type||Functional capability of the device. For example, Removable Storage Device or Printer.|
|Online||Indicates the connection status of the device to the endpoint (Yes or No). Unknown displays when a device on a pre-4.6 endpoint is queried by the Management Console.|
|Time||Time and date the device was last detected.|
|Unique ID||Unique identifier for the device.|
The new device(s) are shown in the Device Explorer window.
- Device Types Supported
- Device Permission Default Settings
- Device Permission Restrictions
- Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Limitations